Butternut Squash Tacos
A perfect filling recipe full of vitamins with only 583 calories and 20g of protein.
- Kcal 583
- Fat 18.1g
- Carbs 94.4g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 20.3g
Roasted butternut squash
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and sliced into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cabbage and black bean slaw
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced and roughly chopped into 2-inch long pieces
- 2 cans black beans (15 ounces each), rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked black beans
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 8 corn or almond flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- To roast the squash: On your prepared baking sheet, toss the cubed butternut in enough olive oil to lightly coat all sides. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chili pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange the butternut in a single layer. Bake until the butternut is tender throughout and caramelized on the edges, about 30 to 35 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Meanwhile, to assemble the slaw: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, black beans, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Toss to combine, then taste and add additional lime juice and/or salt if necessary. Set aside to marinate.
- To prepare the guacamole: In a small bowl, combine the diced avocado, lime juice, coriander and salt. Mash with a potato masher or fork until the mixture is blended and no longer chunky.
- To warm the tortillas: In a small skillet over medium heat, warm each tortilla on both sides before transferring to a plate and covering with a lint-free towel to keep warm.
- To assemble the tacos, spoon an ample amount of slaw down the center of your taco, top with roasted butternut and spread a spoonful of guacamole down the side. Top with garnishes of your choice and serve immediately.